At the risk of being too sentimental — I’d have to say my oldest niece Katie. Katie is “special needs” and will probably always live at home (she’s 27) but never lets that get her down. Katie is always in a good mood and likes everybody. She works a couple days a week with an office cleaning crew and loves her job. She participates in local special-needs recreation and has even won medals in Special Olympics. Over the years Katie has won several medals in golf at the Illinois State Special Olympics, and in 2010 she won a silver medal at the national Special Olympics.
Who is your superhero? Send entries, of any length, discussing your favorite superhero using the form located here. We’ll select our favorites to run in the Cap-M and online.
- Who is Your Superhero? – Scott Jones
- Who is Your Superhero? – Cioli
- Who is Your Superhero – Jenifer Foster
- Who is Your Superhero – Jess Byron
- Tell Us: Who is Your Favorite Superhero?
- Want to be a Hero? Donate Blood at the 2013 RG