Do you want to be a hero? Blood donors save lives every day. The 2013 RG committee would like to have a blood drive next May at the 2013 Regional Gathering, Metro Washington Matrix V: Superhero Edition!
But we need your help.
We need to determine if we can find enough donors in order to hold a blood drive, so we need to find out in advance if enough Ms will be willing to donate on Saturday, May 18, 2013 (Hyatt Dulles, Herndon, VA). Even if you can’t attend the RG, you can still donate blood on-site.
You are eligible to donate blood if you:
- are generally in good health and feeling well on the day of the donation
- weigh at least 110 pounds
- have a valid photo ID
- are 17 years or older (or 16 with a signed parental consent form)
For more detailed information on the process or eligibility based on health conditions, please visit the Inova website.
The entire process takes about an hour, including about 5-10 minutes of reclining comfortably during the actual donation. If you can spare an hour to donate blood on Saturday, May 18th, 2013, please let us know!
Questions? Use this form.
- Why I Give Blood – Jared Levine
- Tell Us: Who is Your Favorite Superhero?
- How to Schedule Your Blood Donation at the RG